Friday, March 30, 2007

Does this stuff really work? continued

Well hopefully you have pondered the posts from the past few days. If not you can review them below.

So we left off with a hint and a reference to a movie. Well big suspense is better left to masters like Stephen King so I will just go ahead and lay it on you.



Today let's meet Dan Millman. I was first given his book by my mom about 15 years ago. Vaguely I recall reading the book and thinking that it was a nice story. With little thought about the book over the years I am stil intrequed as to why I was digging around my old books a few months ago and found this book. I pulled it out dusted it off and skimmed through a few pages. Then life called and I set the book down.

Funny thing the way life works though is when you have something on the brain it just seems to keep coming back to you in odd ways. Remember I said it was nearly 15 years since I read this book and even after finding this book again it seemed to escape me for a week or two.

Now you know how when you buy a new car it suddenly seems everyone else is driving your car. It's almost as though there was a sale and no one told you. If you do any research on this subject you will find many say this is due to the reticular activator. We won't discuss this today, but it is interesting to note that much like your new car this book began to show up everywhere.

I heard Tony Robbins mention it. I received a call from a friend asking if I knew the movie was coming out, which I didn't even know one was being made. One day visiting a friend I looked at his book shelf and just guess which book jumped off the shelf to catch my eye. Yes, Dan Mailman's "Way of the Peaceful Warrior".

Funny thing looking back is we are beginning to hear so much about the laws of attraction it seems a bit funny how this book suddenly came back into my life. The best reason I can think of for reading this book agian is this. It's pure, no nonsense and will make an impact on anyone who reads it.

Now we got of track and didn't really discuss this book, but whether you know it or not we skirted around it's essence. Do yourself a favor and introduce yourself to Dan Mailman's work. I promise his audios and books reveal more about the art of life, meditation, and companionship than most have pondered.

Here is a preview of one of the most respected educators in the business of personal development. Enjoy

No comments: